Thursday, May 17, 2012

Nostalgia

Do you remember this?  Ancient technology by today's standards but futuristic when I was using it. 

Yup, the Discman.

And do you remember this movie? 

Nope, me neither.  I never saw it.  But.... you might remember something else about that movie that made it somewhat of a "hit."  Do you remember what the #1 song was from that movie was?
Let me remind you....



::sigh::  I can't believe I'm about to say this, but what a pretty song.  Tugs at my heart strings. 

Last night I was reminded of this song and it brought me back to 1998.  And I literally LOLed thinking back to what a complete and utter hopeless romantic nerd I used to be.

I used to listen to this song on my discman as I tried to fall asleep each night.  Over and over and over and over....  and I'm not sure if my "repeat" button was broken (or if they had not yet invented repeat) but I remember having to constantly reach over to my nightstand to start the song over again.  I'm pretty sure I was hoping that listening to this song with give me romantic dreams of my crushes falling in love with me... 

While I am completely embarrassed that I just admitted that, I feel a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment