Saturday, June 16, 2012

Schools out.... For the summer

So I'm sitting on a bus to NYC and figured this would be a good time to blog since I've been MIA the past few days. You wanna know why? School is fucking over! I've been too busy packing my classroom, putting files together while the kids watch movie after movie, having parties and watching kickball games. Sound a little like babysitting? Yeah, we'll that's usually what the last week usually is. But I tell ya what.. Kids like to help you clean an pack. Which I guess is helpful if you get someone good. I was all too happy to see my students go (most of them). I even shed a tear as we were waving the busses off. But then I got in my car and went with friends to drink some adult grape juice. The server even bought us a round of celebratory shots. See, everyone is so excited for us! It still doesn't feel like it's over. Yesterday was the greatest day so far this year.... Schools out for the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment