Wednesday, June 13, 2012

even the sun sets in paradise

I currently have this song on repeat... in the classroom, in my car, at home... I love it.  The more I listen to it, the more infatuated I become with Adam Levine.  Yes, he has herpes.  Yes, he wear skinnier jeans than I do... but damnit if he doesn't ooze sex appeal.  The other night I went to C.G. and watched a band I'd seen many times before perform.  This time was different.  Maybe it's because I'm single... or maybe it's because of what the lead singer was wearing (mohawk, tie, glasses - yumsicles)... but I was smitten.  The lead singer is married... but I couldn't help but think that my next boyfriend should be a musician.  Ahhh, there's nothing better than hearing a great voice, watching them strum their guitar all the while having eye-sex with them from the audience.  Magical.

I digress.  Here is the explicit version of Payphone by Maroon 5. 

The other day I was doing writing workshop and I got to thinking that I wanted to hear some music.   Now, my students are no stranger to hip-hop.  They actually know more songs than I do.  So, being that there was only 4 days left of school, I decided that it would be a nice treat and put on some Pandora.  Usually we listen to Classical or Kidz Bop, but this time I decided that we should listen to Top Hits.  Huge mistake.

The first song to come on was Payphone... and I was jamming out.  And my students were jamming out.  All of a sudden, Wiz Khalifa comes on and does his rap.  And something was said that shouldn't be said in the classroom.... and the students around me were like "awwwwwww".  So the other table (thank God they didn't hear) was all like "what?"  As I'm frantically trying to click off of Pandora one of the students next to me goes "he said a bad word." 

And as if, the skies parted and God's voice came down from Heaven, one of my students says "I Can't?  Those are bad words in Ms. K's class."  Yup!  A+ for that student... I can't.  They rapped I Can't.  That's the story I'm sticking to.  Phew!  Crisis averted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment