Monday, December 3, 2012

Wishing

I believe in a lot of things... some are stupid, some have no merit, some are so far beyond a sane person's realm that it's sad... but I believe.  Wishes... I believe in wishes.  I believe them probably because I grew up win a Disney princesse era where all their wishes were coming true.  While I don't necessarily 100% believe that a wishing can turn your dreams/fortunes true, I still have a little hope that they can.  So, in essence, yes - I still believe in wishes. 


I wish on shooting stars... I wish when blowing out my birthday candles... I wish when the clock hits 11:11... I wish when I pick eyelashes off of someone's face... visiting the Trevi fountain and throwing a coin over my shoulder... blowing dandelions... wishbones at Thanksgiving... and my favorite, the first star (who doesn't remember this:  starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight.  i wish i may, i wish i might, have this wish i wish tonight).  I wish.  It's like praying without resorting to begging favors from the big Guy upstairs (which I've been doing a lot more of as well).

Here are some things that I wish for as of recent:
  • I wish to finally (and hopefully soon) meet that person who I've already fallen in love with.  That one person who will make me complete... these little boys I'm dealing with now, and those that I have dealt with in the past, are nothing compared to that person who I have yet to meet.  Am I worried about not having met him yet?  No.  I also believe in timing and I know when it happens it will be magical... but yes, I still wish for it!
  • I wish to live a happy life for the rest of my own.  To be satisfied with that I have and to never take my partner or any other person I love for granted. 
  • I wish for my future children (god willing) to grow up to be happy, strong, self-sufficient adults, however that ends up for them.  
  • I wish that I could stop laughing at farts.  SBDs, duck quacks, cropdusters, dutch ovens, bathtub farts, the alarm fart, the squeaker, the bullet fart... I crack up at any and every of these.  My favorite would be the snart.  The sneeze fart.... you know, when one farts and sneezes at the same time, regardless of which causes which.  And it happens all the time in my class.  And I can't help it.  I bust out laughing... and I shouldn't because of the power that I hold in the classroom.  So, yes... this is something I wish I could control. 
  • I wish karma were more immediately effective.
  • I wish I could know how to and effectively teach my extremely ESOL classroom.  I wish for the patience to be able to do my best in the classroom this year. 
  • I wish I could travel more without having to worry about money.  I want to, so badly, travel around the world, learn and experience other people's cultures and traditions. 
  • I wish I could sing (maybe this is because the roomie and I are catching up on old episodes of Glee).
  • I wish that people who take blood would do a better job of finding veins.  As I went to get my annual lady parts checked out, I was told that it was time to get tested for HIV... YOINKS!!  It's nothing to be worried about but I still get that panicked worried feeling... So, reluctantly I did... and I almost passed out.  She dug and moved that needle around.  I wish the pain in my arm would go away.  Wanna see the bloody aftermath?

How and what do you wish for?  Don't tell me I'm the only one that does this... because I know I'm not.  

No comments:

Post a Comment