Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Welcome to My World....

A while back I blogged about a girl's night out where we thought it would be funny to nose people.  (And, by golly, it sure was!).  I haven't thought much about that fateful night until last night...  and in an "Angela" sort of way. 

Last night I was at SK's for skeeball with some fabulous ladies... I know what you're thinking. Out on a Tuesday night, drinking til the wee hours of the morning? Who is this girl and what did she do with Angela?   Well, I gotta tell you something.  Tuesday night skeeball with my ladies far surpasses a night out on the weekends.  It's that fun...

After a few pitchers of Blue Moon, and one failed skeeball match to a team who had NEVER won a game, our team was up to play in the second to last match of the evening.  As I was at the table getting the score card for my team, I overheard a young nerdy fella talking to J, the league director, about the ETA for the last game of the night.  Ppshh I thought to myself.  Homeboy needs to get home, put in his retainer and get 8 hours of sleep.  And, at the moment I was making fun of nerdy white guy in my mind, he looked over to me and yelled "Hey!  I know you!" 

My heart started pounding.  Oh no!  Where did I know him from?  He didn't look familiar.  Did I go to high school with him?  No.  Did I hook up with him?  God I hoped not!  Did I know his family?  I didn't think so.  As I was about to exhaust my options as to how I knew him, he said:

...."you nosed my friend at CG a while back!"... 

Ha!  I literally spit Blue Moon in his face and started laughing out loud.  At point my sister, who was standing next to me witnessing this whole conversation, and who was with me at CG that night, busted out laughing and walked away for me to take the bullet.  Thanks, sis! 

He went on to say that they stuck around a while longer let us nose them because we were a "cute group of girls."  When our match started, I was standing there scoring our team when I overheard him talking to his group about that night and what we had done.  After overhearing the conversation he was having next me, I started to becoming embarrassed... that is until I heard the team saying "damn, those girls are so fucking hot." 

And with that comment, all was right in the world again.

Side note:  we blew our opponents out of the water... even if we had to skeeball as T-Rexs (hands inside our shirts).  As we were strutting our stuff through the crowd, high-fiving all the awe-struck teams, I walked passed nerdy boy whose hand was raised in a high-five position.  And if you know anything about me, you'll know exactly what I did next.  I went in for the fake high-five and then I  nosed the fuck out of him instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment