Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day of Birth

It's official. It's my birthday.  And I'm not going to lie... I have mixed feelings about it.  Not so much about being older.  I'm having mixed feelings about change.

This time last year I was in a happy relationship and my bf at the time was planning (what turned out to be) the best birthday I've ever had.  I had my friends there, my family was there... good entertainment and lots of alcohol at my favorite place at the time.  This year's birthday had all the same making minus the bf.  I have great friends.  No.  I have amazing friends.  My family was there.  There was plenty of entertainment.  And plenty of alcohol.

So really, it wasn't that much different.  And I'm not the kind of girl who is happy only when she has a bf.  So, why did this make me have such mixed feelings?  I'm not sure.  Maybe it's because things change.  And people change.  And there's nothing I can do about it.  I have to either embrace the change or let it change me.

So, for this new chapter of my life, that's what I'm going to do.  I'm going to embrace the change.  New dress size.  New apartment with a new roommate.  New school year.  New hopes.  New attitude.

Who is with me?




No comments:

Post a Comment